Sunday, October 4, 2009

Movies

Invisible Invaders (1959) Early "scientific" (non-occult) zombie movie from Edward L. Cahn - invisible aliens possess the bodies of the dead, but only dead MEN, not women. Donna came in after about fifteen minutes and immediately started laughing at everything, which really bothers me because I stupidly try to take everything seriously and imagine what if it really were possible and true, and it takes me a while to loosen up and try to get on her wavelength, and then she says "Oh, you can make fun of it but I can't." So I can't win. ANYWAY, there are some pretty weird ideas here that go beyond the level of what the average zombie movie has become - because ideas were pretty much all they had to work with and they didn't have a million bucks to spend. Funny how not having money forces you to be creative. Same music in this movie as in Angry Red Planet. Very competent use of stock footage. 7/10