Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Movies

Mickey One (1965) Donna wanted to see this because her grandmother's second husband is the cafeteria owner who has two lines. A modernistic kind of thing that is not so much about the story as about something else. Elliptical dialog, strange things to see. I did enjoy seeing one of Tinguely's self-destroying art machines in action, and the big car crushing machinery. I guess if you think about it there is a lot going on in this movie underneath the vagueness and inconclusive events. Kind of the same deal as a Cassavetes film. If I watched it two or three more times I would probably become a bug on the subject and be talking about Mickey One all the time and telling everybody they HAVE to see it and it is the greatest movie ever made. I just have all kinds of space monster movies I need to get watched. 6/10