Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Movies

A Serious Man (2009) A Donna movie, about a guy whose life keeps getting worse and the only time it seems to get better is when it is just about to get a whole lot worse. Kind of more interesting to see than to think about afterward - I remember being very entertained at the time, but now I am not entirely sure why. Coen Brothers movies are a hit and miss thing with me and even when they hit I am not really their target audience. Interesting to see all that hyperjudaic suburbanism, and I liked the way the story kept seeming like it was going to veer off into some kind of crazy genre adventure but always yanked itself back to the grim reality of crushing the protagonist under the weight of the world. Extremely well-made, yet their films don't seem to leave much residue in my mind, the way many more trivial things do. 7/10

No comments: