Friday, November 26, 2010

Movies

I completely forgot that I also watched La gran aventura de Mortadelo y Filemon (2003) yesterday - a Spanish spy farce in which two goofy "super-agents" must recover a stolen secret weapon from a nearby dictator. It's as deliberately cartoonish and absurd as possible, with people being hit by speeding cars and leaving a pair of smoking shoes behind, or smashed down by a blow on the head and waddling off one foot high. A less developed audience might find this one continuous howl from start to finish, and hurt themselves screaming with laughter, but I found myself admiring the effects yet never laughing once through the whole movie. Then it passed from my mind like a dissipating mist. I have to write this quickly before I forget about it again. ?/10

No comments: