Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Movies

I use the term "Exploding Robot Movie" to denote a particularly crappy type of modern cinema of excess. Since a new Exploding Robot Movie was just released, I have been seeing a lot of references to the previous one, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009), specifically references to how bad it was, so bad that Attention Deficit Director Michael Bay felt he had to pick it out of his so far mercifully short career to apologize for. That sort of thing is a red flag for me, of the bull-baiting variety, so despite my vow after enduring The Island that I would avoid his movies (I almost said films) in the future I buckled down and sat through it. If he really cared about our feelings he would have retired. I want to tie that guy in a swivel chair and spin him around in it for two and a half hours, banging trash can lids together and yelling HOW DO YOU LIKE IT, HUH?? Thank god they put ten minutes of credits at the end of movies nowadays, it is like getting out early. Not even rating this - the nearly tolerable first half was undermined by the nearly unendurable second half making it all a net loss. And yet, it was not as stupid as Steelyard Blues.

No comments: