Sunday, July 3, 2011

SUNDAY WEBCOMIC

Wow, is it Sunday again? Man, I got some serious partying done last night. You know you're having a good time when you find yourself lying on the floor looking up at people asking if you are okay. Anyway, one of the benefits of modern webcomic technology is the ability to scan sketches and pencilling and work them up in photoshop. I see a lot of that when I am prowling around for SUNDAY WEBCOMIC entries, people who aren't super great at drawing but they really funk the art up in p-shop with all kinda blurs and way too much airbrush and highlighting that doesn't really work, and special effects that don't quite fit the flat scratchy drawings which never fully integrate into the picture. I just haven't seen an example pure enough to select for a SUNDAY WEBCOMIC until I found The Redeemers. I was really impressed by how many different photoshop filters and techniques the artist uses without altering the basic character of the drawing.

Since I have trained you to expect more than one SUNDAY WEBCOMIC per WEBCOMIC SUNDAY, you may also want to enjoy JJComics, A brief gag strip.

No comments: