Sunday, July 17, 2011

SUNDAY WEBCOMIC

Boy thanks for telling me that your Online Webcomic, "Altered Realms" is an Online Webcomic, because I wouldn't have known otherwise. If it didn't say Altered Realms - An Online Webcomic at the top I would be going "Whuuu??? What is THIS suppose ta be?" I have seen about a jillion online webcomics that make sure you know it is an online webcomic and I am glad to avoid the confusion that might otherwise arise from not being informed. I should make a list of repetitive motifs in Online Webcomics. Like 3DCG "Anthro" comics - those animal headed people I keep ragging about, Anthro (short for anthropomorphic) or Furry is what they call that stuff.

Set Apart isn't too bad for a 3DCG Anthro Online Webcomic, even with the added plus of being a Christian 3DCG Online Webcomic. Personally I don't believe Jesus died for the sins of foxes and dogs even if they can sit at a table and order lunch. The great thing about this strip for me, though, is that it went out with a bang - its last entry is a guest strip from Master Cartoonist Stripy Artist, creator of Stripy Six.

Addendum - The creator of Set Apart also has an interest in light bulbs, and has written a book called I Collect Light Bulbs.

Allegory - Escape from Reality has many interesting qualities not seen in the average 3DCG Anthro Online Webcomic. Not that there are really all that many of them, but this one stands out for its overall appearance, the fact that it is more an illustrated story than a comic, and the use of differently colored and fonted text to differentiate between characters, which I find far more baffling than the clumsiest speech balloon could ever be.

Enjoy these 3DCG Anthro Online Webcomics.

No comments: