Sunday, September 25, 2011

SUNDAY WEBCOMIC

As I have pointed out in the past there are many solutions to the problem of wanting to do a webcomic while lacking the basic skills necessary to create comics.  The most elegant solution is to use only one picture, and only change the words.  That is what Zarj's Webcomics does.  Not only that, it tells you it is webcomics in the title, plus the extra added bonus of saying right in the banner across the top of the page that they are lame webcomics.  As everyone knows, saying a joke isn't funny makes it funny.

I often find comics which seem to have a lot of potential, but are in early stages of development with only a few strips to read.  Like Oldjokes and Caveman Rock Comic. I don't want to jinx them by bringing undue attention their way, but I hope they keep producing the same quality of work.

Just so you don't feel like I left you hanging with those, here is a classic example of SUNDAY WEBCOMIC inscrutability, Fun With Homeshopping.  Enjoy

4 comments:

Nate H. said...

Wow, very kind of you to point out my comic (Caveman Rock Comic).

I guess you like it???

Zarj said...

You haven't read enough comics if you think I only use one picture, since I have used at least three up to this point! (And more are coming) -Zarj

P.S. If you are so unimpressed, build your own site from scratch. We'll see how that goes.

nenslo said...

Thanks for you comment, Zarj! I read all your comics, and on the contrary I was VERY impressed and enjoyed them quite a bit. Please don't be offended if I describe them accurately and factually. I built my first website from scratch around 1994, when you had to buy a book to learn how to "surf" the "web". My most recent built-from-scratch website is: kennethjdevries.com - I hope you will take a look and decide for yourself whether or not I am qualified to KICK YOUR GOD DAMN ASS. Artistically speaking.

Zarj said...

Well Kenneth, I apologize! I must admit that your artistic skills certainly surpass mine (I build everything exclusively in MS Paint). As for the website, I did teach myself how to code PHP, although I am a computing science student, so programming is something that was taught to me.

Again, apologizes for mis-reading your comment. I assume you learned about my comics from The Webcomics List forums?