Wednesday, January 18, 2012

MOVIES - Linda Brent concluded

I wrote of Career Girl (1944) during my brief examination of Frances Langford and her gigantic hairdo.  I was unaware at the time of the existence of  Linda Brent, who appears as one of a pair of overdressed mean girls who smokes with a long cigarette holder and keeps her abundant locks tucked into a glittering snood.  The fashions in this PRC cheapie are outstanding.

Linda Brent had a good role in Unforgotten Crime a.k.a The Affairs of Jimmy Valentine (1942).  She really peps things up as a flaky hotel manicurist.  Her character is pivotal to the plot but her appearances are fairly brief.  


Her few leading lady roles were in westerns, which fall outside of my range of interest, so this shall conclude my brief dalliance with Linda Brent.

No comments: