Friday, September 24, 2010

Television

Last night at about 8 p.m. I saw that a New Hit Comedy was premiering at 9:30 (they didn't really call it that - only Fox calls every premiere a New Hit Comedy) so I told Donna I would be watching the premiere of a New Hit Comedy and she would be welcome to join me. We almost lasted to the first commercial. I'm not even going to say what it was. If you care that much you can find out about it yourself. Luckily we did have something actually funny to watch - the British SF comedy Hyperdrive (2006-7). I've been checking out recent UK comedies and find they have about a 50% success rate, compared to US's 10%. It's interesting to me that they should have produced so many SF comedies, and many genuinely funny ones, while the "Greatest Nation on Earth" has produced so few and so lousy ones. Hyperdrive is funny in its characters, its script and dialogue, its props and sets, and especially its actors - most notably Nick Frost and Miranda Hart. I think it is funnier than Red Dwarf. Best of all it is something Donna wants to watch too. See it if you can.

No comments: