Thursday, April 26, 2012

MOVIES

I am probably the only person you know who even knows who Wheeler and Woolsey are.  I never let an opportunity to watch a Wheeler and Woolsey movie escape me.  They just crack me up.  Peach-O-Reno (1931) is as good as any of them.  Their usual girl foil, squeaky cute jazz-baby Dorothy Lee, is joined by Zelma O'Neal who can be seen at the end of the I Want to be Bad clip from Follow Thru, posted below.  Peach-O-Reno is a divorce farce, a popular subject for many years, until the code clamped down, and Bert Wheeler has an extended sequence, including a musical number, in drag.  Looks pretty good too.  That's all, I just like to post these drag shots when I get a chance.

1 comment:

Kip W said...

My favorites are HOLD 'EM JAIL and DIPLOMANIACS (their DUCK SOUP). They showed some of their movies on SPN sometimes, in the wee hours of the morning, before the day they turned into a shopping network. I missed them, despite the horrid commercials, because they always showed things exactly when they said they would.