Thursday, April 26, 2012

OLD GARDEN CART

Goodbye to the old garden cart.  I got this for five dollars when I was just starting to work in the garden.  It had been patched, repaired and rebuilt.  It was extremely heavy, and when fully loaded with compost it was topheavy too.  The old plywood addition finally started rotting away and it had been a couple of years since I had used it.  Then I saw a simple cart design that inspired me to finally tear it apart.  I had to break a couple of bolts with a cold chisel, and saw through a couple of things, but mostly it was pretty easy.  I'm going to see what I can put together using only the lumber I have on hand, mostly scrap and leftovers, re-using the old wheels to make a long narrow cart with solid bottom and sides that I can shovel stuff into and tip it out of.

So that is what I did this morning, took apart the old cart.  And made cookies.  Not very good ones though, kind of bland, dry and cakey from a 1940s recipe.

No comments: