Sunday, May 22, 2011

SUNDAY WEBCOMIC

Can this be the end of SUNDAY WEBCOMIC? Just last week I thought SUNDAY WEBCOMIC was entering a bold new phase of life - then I found the best of 25 years of miss j and the am. Go look at it right now. I looked at the drawing of Bretea the Yukon Chicken and said wow. I started clicking PREVIOUS and kept saying wow. I went back to FIRST and said oh my god, then went to the top of the page and started clicking RANDOM, and gave up trying to express the maelstrom of emotion crushing my brain. Go on, go and look at it. Finally I came upon the page entitled "me," and said what the hell???? There is quite a story here, and "the best of 25 years of miss j and the am" is just the tip of the iceberg, an iceberg composed of over a quarter century of relentless production and self-publication by the greatest transgender cartoonist of the Yukon.

If the best of 25 years of miss j and the am isn't enough for you, take a look at the women I draw. Or the artist's newer digitally sourced comic series, jennfer's show. Or this vast scanned archive of Miss J and the Am, an impossibly clunky interface and an impossibly vast body of work and I do mean that both ways. Or watch the video, 27 years of miss j and catch astonishing glimpses of the artist Jennfer A Jay herself.

I don't know how I can ever follow this, the greatest SUNDAY WEBCOMIC ever, probably the greatest there will ever be.

ADDENDUM: Here is yet another archive of work - jenffersshow 5. You can also join the Facebook group i love jenffer's show and miss j and the am by jenffer a jay.

ADDENDUM 2: Here are reviews and reactions by other webcomic creators.

2 comments:

Tao Joannes said...

YOU HAVE COMPLETELY RUINED MY LIFE AND TURNED MY BRAIN INTO A QUIVERING MASS OF TWITCHY GELATIN BY BRINGING THIS ABORTION TO MY ATTENTION.

I was happy before I knew about jenffer, but I believe trying to make sense of these leavings has left me completely incapable of ever again having a logical thought.

In 27 years, you can't learn to at least SPELL beyond a 2nd grade reading level? Really?

This defies rationality.

nenslo said...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED